Monday, February 10, 2014

Writing and a Full Time Job

It's easy to write when I have nothing else to do. But when the school year starts and I have to go back to work, it's hard to write. I'm usually so tired that I have no creativity or desire to sit down and start writing. It's enough for me to just get through the day.

I hate that I don't feel like writing all day. I wish I could do it. My life's goal is to be a full time writer so that I can spend every day planning new stories, writing things and building new worlds and characters. If only I could do that every day.

But I can't. At best, I get to write on my days off and on the weekends, but sometimes I have so much to do that it isn't even funny. I don't feel like writing on my days off. I'd rather read or just sleep to get myself back to normal. And by the time I'm back to normal, it's time to go back to work again.

When I do get to write, sometimes I feel rushed. And I worry that what I'm working on isn't very good. I don't even have the energy to edit things. I'm just exhausted.

Before, I had a list of things I wanted to do every day. I wanted to be able to write a couple thousand words a day and finish another novel by the summer. I don't know how well that's going to work though. But with working a full time job, it's a miracle if I can edit a half of a chapter in a single day, let alone get any writing done. I wish I could, but it doesn't always go that way.

It's hard to make myself into a full time writer while I'm working what is pretty much a full time job. I have to deal with being exhausted and frustrated with other things when all I wanted to do was to read and write. I just want to be able to live my dream and not have to deal with the stress of having to do two things at once that demand so much of my time.

Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edited by - Stephanie King