Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Why "Sleepy Hollow" is My New Favorite Show

I'm a huge television fan. Maybe you've figured that out by now. And for as long as I can remember, I've loved ghost stories and other things like that. When I was a kid, my favorite television shows (that weren't science related) were Scooby Doo and Buffy. I loved stuff like that.

As I got older, I started watching Angel, Roswell, and Supernatural. I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead (did you SEE that midseason premiere on Sunday?!). See a pattern here? I love things that are scary, that are supernatural and unusual. I like things like that.

So it came as no surprise when I fell in love with Sleepy Hollow, the new show on FOX that just had it's season finale a few weeks ago.

It's a brilliant show with two great protagonists--Abby Mills and Ichabod Crane. It's such a fantastic story about the secret war that goes on in the world between the forces of good and evil. The best way I can describe it is that it's like Supernatural and the History Channel had a baby and it came out made of awesome.

Plus Tom Mison is really cute.

There. I said it. Don't judge me.

The stories are so intricate and the story arch is beautiful. It pulls in pieces of Washington Irving's original story and weaves it into this modernized world of Sleepy Hollow. It's a Revolutionary soldier lost in a modern world with only a police lieutenant to guide him. Their fast friendship, easy camaraderie, and romantic tension are more than enough to keep me watching every week.

Let alone the machine gun toting headless horseman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edited by - Stephanie King