Monday, February 3, 2014

Being Burnt Out

Sometimes you just do so many things that it's easy to get to the point where you don't want to do any of them at all. You dread doing the things that you were once so excited to do because you feel like you don't have any energy or desire for them any more.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the feeling of being burnt out.

I get that feeling all the time. I do so much that it's easy for me to get burnt out. I can get that feeling several times a day or a few times a week if I'm not careful about how I do things. I work hard with my students at work and I spend a lot of time going over the same material multiple times a week, often the same way. It's easy to get frustrated with the information and with the students. It isn't really their fault. It's just the nature of the job.

The same thing happens at church. I run three major youth ministries at my church, and it's so easy to get burnt out with the responsibility and having to deal with politics and parents. Sometimes I feel like I just want to give up on everything just so I don't have to have that feeling of being stressed and feeling unhappy anymore. I'm tired of being burnt out about things that I volunteer to do. Things like that shouldn't be stressed, now should they?

It happens in writing too. I get burned out with stories, too. And with all the activities I have to do surrounding my writing. Things get a little complicated and more than a little stressful when I devote days to writing and everything like that. I know I want to be a writer professionally, but I never realized how much work it would be. And how unhappy it would make me to spend every waking moment dealing with it.

Vacations from stressful things are key! And I'm going to take a vacation from them right now! I'm going to have a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edited by - Stephanie King