Thursday, January 2, 2014

Well, that was an epic fail...

It may one of the most common phrases in our society today: epic fail. In all honesty, I'm afraid of the term "failure." It's absolutely not my favorite word. I hate it. Failure is just something that I despise. Whether it comes in my personal life, my job, or my writing, I don't like to fail. I can deal with "no," but out and out failure hurts.

But, when it comes to new year's resolutions, sometimes you just have to get used to those little epic fails. Those things that you set yourself up to fail at because they just aren't realistic. Like no more chocolate! That, my friends, was a complete and total epic fail. As I write this, I'm drinking my morning cup of coffee. And guess what's in it? Don't gag, this is how I drink my coffee--chocolate milk. So that whole, no chocolate resolution... epic fail.

Getting up early? Epic fail.

Exercising first thing in the morning? Epic fail.

But you know, sometimes epic fails aren't so much epic fails. They're chances to learn and be a new person. You can see a failure like I see the word "no." As a stepping stone to that "yes," to that new you, to that actual success.

So maybe failure isn't that bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edited by - Stephanie King