Tuesday, December 10, 2013

New Blog Look and New Series Plan

If you haven't noticed, there's a new look to my blog. The amazing designer at Stephanie King Photography (and yes, she might be my sister) redesigned and recoded my lovely blog to look even more lovely than it did before. She listened to me complain and nit-pick for over an hour today until she got it just right. She's amazing. Go check her out at Stephanie King Photography. She's more a sports photographer, but she's awesome with the Photoshop too.

I've beaten the writer's block demon, at least for now, and I'm nearing the end of the first draft of The Fire's Princess. And while I still have a third novel in the trilogy to finish, I've also got ideas for another series to write. I think it's important to take a break every now and then to allow my creative juices to recharge. Especially when I start running out of ideas for a particular series. I know how I want The Elemental Royals to finish, but I'm at a loss right now for how it gets there. So going through and working on another story for a while will give me a bit of a break to figure out the thereto's and wherefore's of the final novel in the trilogy.

Plus, I've got A LOT of reading to do. I'm falling way behind on my reading skills. Usually I can finish a book in a couple days. I've been reading Marie Lu's Champion for a week now. That is an eternity for me. In the words of Ian Malcom, "Must go faster. Must go faster."

And it's "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" this week, which means that it's going to be a hard week for reading and writing. I'm going to be distracted by amazing movies.

Off the blog and back to the pages. Fire's Princess must be finished by the end of the month!

Happy reading, followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edited by - Stephanie King