Saturday, December 21, 2013

Brain Food for Writers... Well, THIS Writer

You know how you have to be in that one mood to get really good writing done? I also have to have the perfect snacks to get my brain going just right. Usually it's chocolate milk (I know juvenile and totally awesome) or Cinnamon Toast Crunch (again, juvenile and totally awesome). But today, I'm absolutely dying for some pizza. And I'm already in a writing mood, so I'm hoping to get a lot of work done today!

It may not be the brain food that most other people think about, but it works for me when I'm writing. It keeps me going, it's easy, and I can get to it quickly while I'm working. That's the best part. It's right there, saving me so much time and preventing me from losing my train of thought. That's the worst part. I hate it when I'm writing, and I'm on this roll with the story line when hunger strikes. Then I have to get up and get something to eat and by the time I get back, my whole idea is just gone. It's lost, and it takes forever for it to come back. I hate it when that happens.

I've been lucky lately that I've been working out my ideas right about the time that I've been hitting my word counts. Not that I've been sticking strictly to the 2,000 limit. I don't necessarily stop when I hit 2,000. I may run a few hundred over if I need to finish a thought, but that's okay. It works for me. And I don't have to get up and run through the house trying to find something to eat.

Because I learned a long time ago to have my food on my desk when I got started or grab it between projects. Then I wouldn't be messing with my muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edited by - Stephanie King