Sunday, December 15, 2013

Barking Dogs and Coffee

So here's the thing, I love my dogs. They're the best kind of unconditional love. They don't really get mad at me, they don't really get disappointed in me, and they're always happy to see me. They love to play and the love to love on me. So I love them.

Just not at 5 o'clock in the morning. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's 5 AM. I'm typing with one hand because Abby won't let me NOT pet her right now. I'm not sure why, but there has to be a good reason. There's always a good reason when she does stuff like that, I just don't figure it out until later. But my point is... it's 5 in the morning!!!!!

They woke me up barking at a cat in the back yard. The same cat that has been plaguing our existence for the past week. Normally, I love cats. This one... I don't want to hurt it, just hurl it over the fence in a non-damaging way.

Sometimes I wonder why God gave dogs such big, sad eyes. Well, they're not always sad. I guess they're expressive. Other than wagging tails, eyes are all dogs have. Right now Abby is giving me the sad eyes. Almost like she's saying, "Stop that clicking. Sometimes you don't play with me as much when you click." Which makes me sad because it's true.

It's too early for my dog to be teaching me life lessons. I need some coffee. A writer's best friend. After Cinnamon Toast Crunch and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edited by - Stephanie King