Thursday, March 6, 2014

Working on Multiple Projects at Once

I've mentioned before why doing writing warm ups incredibly important to get you in the groove for writing. And in a  way these blogs help me with my warm ups. Given, I do many of them in advance, but still it gives me a chance to spread my wings a little bit and talk about a lot of different things. Especially when I head over to my review blog and start writing about those things that I'm interested in as far as book adaptations and book reviews. 

But sometimes I can't help but write on two or three projects all at once. It's strange and sometimes it's confusing, but there isn't any other way to keep the bothersome pull to write at bay.

I have to keep myself organized when it comes to writing one more than one project at a time. I have to keep my brain separated into the two or three different worlds so that they don't accidentally cross over. And more than anything, I have to remind myself that these are my worlds, my characters, and my stories. I can decide where they go. 

Right now, I'm working on the final Elemental Royals novel and on another project that I'm going to publish--possibly under another name. I'm not sure about it yet. But the story is there and it means a lot to me. And those are always the stories that are the ones that hang around, that beg to be written. The ones that won't leave me alone.

I'm close to getting to one of my first resolutions for the new year. One of them was to finish the Elemental Royals trilogy. And I'm getting close to that since I'm working on the last novel as it is. I'm nowhere near the actual end of the novel, but at least I'm working on it. Another resolution is getting close to being reached as well. I'm close to finishing one of the two novels I want to finish for the year. 

With the upcoming break from work that I'll have next week, I'll be able to get a lot of writing done. Who knows, I might be able to make a lot of headway on these projects. 

The only thing I'll have to do is keep them separate, keep them clear, and make them as great as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edited by - Stephanie King