Saturday, May 10, 2014

Too Many Ideas, Not Enough Time

One of the things that I love most about being a writer is having all these wonderful ideas about stories that I can write. It's a wonderful thing to have all these worlds in my mind and characters who are so strong and unique.

But while I love that, I can see how sometimes it's a curse. I feel overwhelmed sometimes by the number of stories and things that I want to put on paper that I can't because I don't have the time. I wonder if other authors think the same thing.

I keep a notebook of ideas for stories or for characters that I want to write, even if there isn't a particular story to go along with them. And I spend a lot of time every day writing, just to get some of the thoughts out of my head.

It's a hard thing for me to do to slow my brain down enough for me to flick through the different stories and characters to find the one that I can write out. It's difficult to find the one that I can spend the time with.

Right now, I'm focusing on the final Elemental Royals novel. And I've got another series that I'm working on, but I want to keep these other ideas fresh as well. It's a lot of work, but it's what I love. I love to write, just as much as I love to read.

And that's the best thing in the world, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edited by - Stephanie King