Thursday, May 8, 2014

My Favorite Kind of Day

There are some days that are better than others, and I have to admit that I really enjoy the days where I can relax just a little bit. And I relax the best when it comes to days that are quiet and raining.

For as long as I can remember, I've loved the rain. It's been something that has always made me feel better. The sound of rain hitting the roof or falling on the concrete is a sound that I've enjoyed for so long that I don't know what I'd do if it didn't rain every once in a while. I need the relaxation and the calming sound.

The days that I love the most are rainy days in the spring or the autumn, when it isn't too hot. I can go outside on the front porch and sit. I get to sit there and watch the rain fall and smell the clean scent of everything. And that's the best smell in the world in my opinion. It's fresh and crisp and just amazing.

I get out a book and a glass of soda. And I put my feet up and read while I let the sky open up around me. Those kinds of days are fantastic days.

And maybe one of the best things about a day of rain is when it decides to thunder. I love the rumble of thunder and the bright crack of lightning.

In short, my favorite kind of days are days when it rains, when it storms. Because afterwards the world is so perfectly clean that it's breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Edited by - Stephanie King